Monday, June 09, 2008

What year is this, 2004? What is with all these blog-tags? Harrumph. This one, from Alfred, stops here (from me anyway).
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring.
Not in order, obv.:

The Rolling Stones, "Child of the Moon" (ABKCO, 1968)--their best psychedelic record, meaning it isn't very psychedelic aside from the lyric; one of the best from an incredibly fertile period, period.

Lloyd ft. Lil Wayne, "Girls Around the World" (Cash Money, 2008)--the most lubricious vocal I've heard in ages; I ended my visit to Minneapolis in my sister Brittany's car, blasting this about 15 times in a row before she dropped me at Amtrak for a 40-hour trip to Portland.

INXS, "New Sensation" (Atlantic, 1987)--always. Fun fact: Prince played this on the radio once, while guest-DJ'ing on KMOJ-FM in Minneapolis.

Bossanova, "Rare Brazil" (Teenbeat, 1999)--wrote about this here a few weeks ago.

The Replacements, "I Bought a Headache" (Twin/Tone, 1981)--confession time: I had never heard the first three Replacements albums until I bought the reissues. (No one in Minneapolis sells back the vinyl, Stink apart.) Funny bunch of fuckers.

The Whitest Boy Alive, "Golden Cage (Fred Falke Remix)" (Modular, 2008)--Camaros. Keyboards. Riffs. Yes.

Philip Sherburne, "Salt & Vinegar" (LAN, 2008)--the logrolling continues.