Tuesday, July 05, 2005

CD-R Go! 2005--First Half
1. Annie: “Heartbeat” (Vice)
2. Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings: "How Long Do I Have to Wait For You?” (Dap-Tone)
3. Tori Alamaze: “Don’t Cha’” (Universal)
4. 50 Cent: “Hate It Or Love It (G Unit Remix)” (Aftermath/Shady)
5. Amerie: “1 Thing” (Sony)
6. Basement Jaxx: “Oh My Gosh” (XL)
7. Lady Sovereign: “Random” (Casual)
8. M.I.A.: “10 Dollar” (XL)
9. The Chemical Brothers: “Hold Tight London” (Astralwerks)
10. The Field: “Love vs. Distance” (Kompakt)
11. Of Montreal: “Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games” (Polyvinyl)
12. The Decemberists: “We Both Go Down Together” (Kill Rock Stars)
13. Kelly Clarkson: “Since U Been Gone” (19/RCA)
14. A Frames: “Eva Braun” (Sub Pop)
15. The Hold Steady: “Chicago Seemed Tired Last Night” (Frenchkiss)
16. Keren Ann: “Nolita” (Blue Note)
17. The Mountain Goats: “Song For Dennis Brown” (4AD)
Total time: 76:39

Wrestled with including Annie since she won Pitchfork’s poll and the song placed 32nd in Pazz & Jop, but decided to anyway since the song/album came out in America a month ago. I’ll probably replace “Dennis Brown” with “This Year” or “Dance Music” (the latter is more likely, its brevity would allow more space for other stuff); the main reason I went w/”SFDB” is that it was close to hand and I figured I’d be honest enough with the concept, limiting myself to songs I’d already included on previous CD-R Go!s for SW. No R. Kelly this time because I went for songs I’d played a ton, and even “Chapter 2,” my favorite “Closet” part, doesn’t get spun that often chez moi.