Sunday, June 12, 2005

Lynne d Johnson passed this meme to me, and I'm honored, so here goes:

Total volume of music files on my computer: on the laptop's library, 17.77 GB (3,464 songs, 10 days, 42 minutes, 41 seconds) of music, with around 17 GB on my iPod (2,358 songs), which is a 20 GB. I've been meaning to pick up a second iPod lately, btw--I figure a 60 GB (one of the photo ones, which I'd just use for music as I have no camera) would be nice, that way I can keep "the library" on that one and reserve the 20 GB for newer acquisitions.

Last CD I bought was . . . : today in Portland (I'm here for the weekend, staying at the schmancy Embassy Suites Hotel, near Berbati's Pan, where U.S.E. and the Hold Steady KICKED EVERYONE'S ASS LAST NIGHT, cough), I bought Mind Fusion Vol. 1 & 2 by Madlib (self-released mixtapes), the Spitkicker Collabos Volume 1: Hosted by De La Soul, Mixed by DJ Ayres & Eleven mixtape, Broken Bootlegs' High Heels & Fat Laces (hip-hop mash-ups from a German DJ), and a double-CD of Stretch Armstrong & Bobbito Garcia's 89.9 FM show from 11/11/93 featuring Kool Keith, O.C., Large Professor, and Monch, all from 360 Vinyl and Clothing, a nearby hip-hop store.

Song playing right now: "Up on the Sun" by the Meat Puppets, on the iPod

Five songs I listen to a lot these days: Elvis Costello's "Suit of Lights" and "I Hope You're Happy Now," the Field's "Love vs. Distance," the Hold Steady's "Chicago Seemed Tired Last Night," and the Decemberists' "We Both Go Down Together."

And in the spirit of Lynne's invitation, which she just posted on her blog w/o alerting any of the folks she chose, I'll do the same w/these folks, chosen more or less at random:
Thomas Inskeep
Tom Breihan
Rachel Shimp
Candicissima
Geeta Dayal

The rest of you should, of course, feel free to steal the meme for yourselves whether you were mentioned or not.