Sunday, May 08, 2005

These are my URL ABCs:

· A is for acclaimedmusic.net/ - they recently redesigned
· B is for blissout.blogspot.com/ - after Christgau and Rod Smith, the greatest influence on how I do my job
· C is for coolout.blogspot.com/ - St. Paul’s finest
· D is for dipdipdive.blogspot.com/ - I hear he’s really tall
· E is for epicharmus.com/ - I owe this guy more than I have room for here
· F is for freakytrigger.co.uk/ - for changing the way I think about nearly everything
· G is for getphysical.blogspot.com/ - what to raid first, his MP3 library or his mind?
· H is for hiphopmusic.com/ - sanity prevails. he’s also a stellar houseguest
· I is for indexmagazine.com/ - long live the big-type Q&A
· J is for jupitersite.blogspot.com/ - I really need to give Andy B a call
· K is for katesilver.blogspot.com/ - howdy, neighbor
· L is for lastplanetojakarta.com/index.php – my second-favorite songwriter
· M is for mackron.com/ - update, motherfucker!
· N is for negrophonic.com/words/ - I really need to listen to Special Gunpowder, I only played (and liked) half of it once
· O is for ohmanchester.blogspot.com/ - that recent R&B back-and-forth w/Paul Cox was spot on
· P is for poplicks.com/ - funny and wise, sometimes both at once, plus I consistently learn tons about Asian-American stuff I previously had no idea about (go white man’s privilege go)
· Q is for quartzcity.net/blog/ - thanks again for ’62, ’67, and ’73!
· R is for robertchristgau.com/ - wotta resource. wotta pen
· S is for sashafrerejones.com/ - I always have to stop myself from emailing him suggestions he doesn’t need
· T is for theoriginalsoundtrack.com/blog/ - does anyone rock harder than Geeta? not really. koritfw!
· U is for usefulnoise.blogspot.com/ - still the best line editor I’ve ever worked with
· V is for villagevoice.com/ - why do I still wanna work there when I grow up?
· W is for waiterrant.blogspot.com/ - the other side of the table
· X is for xe.com/ucc/ - currency exchange finder, very useful for ordering off foreign sales sites
· Y is for yeweiblog.blogspot.com/ - my ex-roommate
· Z is for 0point5percent-nation.blogspot.com/ - spell it out. the person I’ve learned the most from, bar none, about words, life, and other stuff

I should note that I didn't do this the way Defective Yeti said to, but hey.